- 1 (5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Oil
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayo
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 English muffins, split, or 4 slices of white bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices yellow American cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- In small bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise with a fork until well blended.
- Season with pepper to taste and set aside.
- Toast the muffin halves or bread until golden.
- Lightly butter, if desired.
- Divide the tuna mixture among the 4 toasts, spreading evenly to cover.
- Top each sandwich with 2 slices of cheese and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
For a slightly healthier version, use Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water.
Serving Size 1 sandwich; Calories 391; Calories from Fat 180; Saturated Fat 11g; Carbohydrates 24g; Fiber 6g; Sugars 7g; Protein 31g; Cholesterol 51mg; Sodium 1122mg; Vitamin A 23%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 72%; Iron 15%