- 1 (15 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Jack Mackerel in Water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups steamed rice
- Drain mackerel, saving the liquid.
- Cut drained mackerel into chunks.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion.
- Mix in flour, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the saved liquid and milk.
- Cook on low heat and stir frequently.
- Add mackerel and serve over rice.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try serving over quinoa for extra protein!
Serving Size 1; Calories 506; Calories from Fat 135; Saturated Fat 9g; Carbohydrates 65g; Fiber 1g; Sugars 7g; Protein 26g; Cholesterol 98mg; Sodium 444mg; Vitamin A 19%; Vitamin C 1%; Calcium 47%; Iron 27%