Greek Whole Grain Salad with Lemon Salmon and Feta
This Greek whole grain salad is convenient, nourishing, and delicious. With veggies, brown rice, salmon, feta, and olive oil, it’s a complete meal with a good balance of protein, fat, and carbs.
Original recipe courtesy of Andie Mitchell
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Minute® Ready to Serve Brown and Wild Rice
- ½ cup black or kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium cucumber, chopped
- ¼ medium red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 (2.5 ounce) Chicken of the Sea® Lemon Pepper Flavored Salmon Pouches
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (½ cup)
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the rice, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, basil, and mint, and toss to coat in the dressing.
- Add the arugula and salmon and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad among 4 serving plates or bowls and top each with 2 tablespoons of the crumbled feta cheese.