- 2 (6 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Lump Crabmeat, drained
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh green onions or chives, plus a bit more for sprinkling over the finished dish
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted, plus a bit more to butter the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Half of a small to medium sized shallot, sliced into thin rings
- In a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, cook bacon until evenly browned, taking care to not over-cook.
- Remove from skillet to a paper towel lined plate to cool a bit. Then chop into 1/4″ to 1/2″ sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter a 9″ pie pan. Add Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and then bacon to bottom of pie pan, distributing evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream and flour. Then whisk in eggs, Parmesan cheese, minced shallots, chives, parsley, cilantro, 2 tablespoons of the melted butter, Old Bay seasoning, kosher salt, and black pepper. Gently fold in the lump crabmeat.
- Pour mixture into pie plate and top with shallot rings. Bake until set, about 50 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for about 15 minutes before slicing into wedges. Serve hot, with a sprinkling of chopped fresh green onions or chives over the top if desired.