Honey Balsamic Tuna Veggie Bowls
No defrosting raw chicken, no sanitizing after handling your raw chicken, no chopping chicken – you don’t even have to dirty one utensil to prepare your protein for these Tuna Veggie Bowls!
Original recipe courtesy of Carlsbad Cravings
- 1 (5 oz) Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore in Water in EZ-Open can, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, sliced
- 8 fresh green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup salted roasted cashews or more to taste
- 5 cup cooked Brown rice or quinoa (for serving)
Honey Balsamic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp EACH chili powder, salt, dried basil
- 1/4 tsp EACH dried oregano, pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Whisk together the Honey Balsamic Sauce. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add shallot, green beans and carrots and sauté 3 minutes. Add red bell pepper and garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add tuna and Honey Balsamic Sauce and heat through.
- Continue to cook until vegetables reach desired crisp-tenderness. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice and season with additional freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste.