- 2 (6 oz) cans dry Chicken of the Sea® White Crabmeat, drained and squeezed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except crabmeat and oil; blend well.
- Gently fold in crabmeat; avoid breaking lumps of crabmeat.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, divide mixture into 6 portions.
- Shape cakes into 2 1/2" x 1/2" cakes.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Gently add the crab cakes; fry each side until deep golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Top these Maryland favorites with an easy lemon dill Sauce. Simply blend a half-cup sour cream with a half-teaspoon each fresh chopped dill and grated lemon peel. Dollop on the crab cakes and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 crab cake; Calories 155; Calories from Fat 86; Saturated Fat 1.5; Carbohydrates 9; Fiber .5; Protein 9; Cholesterol 89; Sodium 585;