Mexican Tuna Salad
This Mexican tuna salad is a fiesta for your taste buds! Kick your tuna up a notch with this fresh and easy version that goes well with avocado!
Original recipe courtesy of Kitchen Gidget
- 4 (5-oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3-4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, for serving (optional)
- tostadas, tortilla chips or lettuce for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the tuna, cucumber, onion and peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cilantro, lime, olive oil and cumin. Toss with tuna and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with sliced or mashed avocado on tostada shells, tortilla chips or rolled up in lettuce wraps.