One Pot Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Skillet
Weeknight one pot dinners just got a punch of protein! This One Pot Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Skillet is made with readily available pantry ingredients and is packed with fresh flavor. Ready in just 20 minutes!
Original recipe courtesy of The Suburban Soapbox
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta (or other fun shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cannellini or navy beans
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 5 ounce can Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente, approximately 6-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, bean, artichoke hearts, tuna and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in the olives and return the pasta to the pan. Toss to combine.
- Stir in the asiago cheese and basil.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately, with extra cheese if desired.