- 3 cups milk
- 2 (8 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Whole Oysters with liquid
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tablespoon, if using dried)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Worchester Sauce
- 1 pinch salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste
- 1/3 cup flour
- In a sauce pan, scald milk (bring just to a boil).
- As milk is heating, strain oysters and set aside, saving liquid.
- In another pot, heat onion and parsley in butter over low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add salt, cayenne and black pepper and Worchester Sauce to onion and parsley.
- Add the oyster liquid and stir constantly as it comes up to temp.
- Add flour and continue stirring to thicken.
- Add oysters, simmering until edges curl, about 5 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- When milk is scalded, add to oysters and stir until stew is well blended.
- Serve with crackers or crusty bread.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try this with Chicken of the Sea® Smoked Oysters in Oil.
Serving Size 1 cup; Calories 245; Calories from Fat 90; Saturated Fat 5g; Carbohydrates 19g; Fiber 1g; Sugars 9g; Protein 20g; Cholesterol 83mg; Sodium 483mg; Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 22%; Iron 57%