For The Salad:
- 1 (15 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Mackerel in Water, drained, bones and skin removed
- 12-16 oz. dried pasta, cooked to package instructions
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, halved
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
For The Dressing:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- lemon zest, from 1 medium lemon
- juice of one medium lemon (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Prepare the pasta: Fill a large bowl (big enough to hold cooked pasta) halfway with ice water to make a cold-water bath. Boil pasta to package instructions.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and shock the pasta by adding it to the cold-water bath to get it cold fast. Once cold, drain the pasta, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a jar or bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, oregano, salt, and pepper). Shake or whisk the dressing to combine. Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or other flavors to taste.
- In the bowl with the pasta, add cucumber, roasted peppers, red onion, olives, feta cheese, dill, and parsley. Pour dressing in the bowl and stir everything together. Gently fold in the mackerel.
- Serve at room temperature or chill pasta salad before serving.