- 1 (5 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (5 oz) package Japanese curly noodles (chukka soba), crumbled
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 8 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, oil, honey, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute; stir constantly. Spoon mixture into a bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Sauté noodles, almonds and sunflower seeds until lightly toasted.
- Transfer noodle mixture into a large bowl and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture to noodles; let stand 15 minutes.
- Add salmon, cabbage, carrot, onions and oranges, tossing gently to coat.
- Top with mint and black pepper to taste.