- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 each small zucchini, sliced
- 1 each crook-neck squash, sliced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 oz) cans low sodium and low fat chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (7.5 oz) can cannelloni beans, undrained
- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked small pasta shells
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Sauté onions and garlic until tender; add squashes and sauté two minutes longer.
- Stir in next five ingredients.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tuna and pasta.
- Cook until heated through.
- Top with desired amount of Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
For an outstanding seafood soup, add Chicken of the Sea® shrimp, crab, and/or clams.
Serving Size 1; Calories 170; Calories from Fat 50; Saturated Fat 0.5; Carbohydrates 19; Fiber 5; Sugars 7; Protein 11; Cholesterol 15; Sodium 520; Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%;