- 6 (4 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Shrimp (any size)
- 2 (6.5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Chopped Clams
- 1 (6 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Crab Meat (lump or white)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp for less spice)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 stalk celery, chopped small
- 1 ½ cups half & half
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans cream of potato soup
- Open cans of shrimp, clams and crab. Drain and place in a bowl together.
- In a separate bowl, blend all dry ingredients with a whisk (thyme, marjoram, cayenne, black pepper and flour).
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Sauté chopped onions and celery in melted butter on medium-low heat until onions are tender and clear.
- Once onions and celery are ready, add half & half, milk and cream of potato soup.
- Cook on medium heat until piping hot.
- Stir occasionally so as not to burn milk.
- Once mixture is hot, add by 1/2-cup intervals to the dry ingredients mixture and blend with a whisk until a paste is formed.
- Gradually add mixture to soup and whisk until blended.
- You may notice some little bits of mixture but they will eventually blend on their own.
- Once blended into soup, add crab, clams and shrimp and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and serve.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Serve with bread or top with Oyster Crackers for an added crunch!
Serving Size 1 cup; Calories 256; Calories from Fat 135; Saturated Fat 9g; Carbohydrates 12g; Fiber 1g; Sugars 4g; Protein 19g; Cholesterol 231mg; Sodium 1311mg; Vitamin A 19%; Vitamin C 1%; Calcium 12%; Iron 6%