Sweet Pepper Tuna Poppers
Want an easy appetizer for your next get-together? These Sweet Pepper Tuna Poppers will be a big hit. Just make sure you get one before they're gone!
Original recipe courtesy of Fun Money Mom
- 1 (5 oz) can Chicken Of The Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 12 small sweet peppers
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella (for the tuna mixture)
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella (for the topping)
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut 12 sweet peppers in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out all seeds, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, tomatoes, mushrooms, ⅓ cup mozzarella, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Fill each sweet pepper half with the tuna mixture and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Top sweet peppers with remaining ¼ cup of mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until cheese begins to brown
- Serve hot and enjoy!