Three Cheese Tuna Melt
Looking for a quick lunch recipe? Try these 15 minute Three Cheese Tuna Melts. An easy tuna salad recipe with cheese on rye bread.
Original recipe courtesy of Tastes of Lizzy T
- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon curry
- pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- 14 slices rye bread
- 7 slices Swiss cheese
- 7 tomato slices
- 7 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Lettuce pieces
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the tuna salad and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to make the sandwiches.
- Set the oven on low broil.
- Place 7 slices of rye bread on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the tuna salad evenly on the slices of bread.
- Top with a slice of Swiss cheese, a tomato slice and a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Leave the sandwiches open-face, but place the remaining bread slices on the baking sheet to allow them to lightly toast.
- Place the baking sheet in the hot oven and heat for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven.
- Add lettuce and serve immediately.