- 1 bunch kale, stems and center rib removed
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, cooked according to package directions, room temperature
- 2 (5 ounce) cans Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 stalks celery, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- Wrap kale in several damp paper towels and microwave for 1-1½ minutes or until just wilted. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa, tuna, salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lay 8 kale leaves out flat on a work surface. Place half a kale leaf over cut where center rib was removed. This is so filling doesn’t spill out.
- Spoon tuna mixture over center of kale. Add celery, carrots and pepper in the center.
- Fold bottom and sides of kale to cover filling.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
In this recipe
Calories: 230 | Fat: 7g | Protein: 22g | Carbs: 20g | Sodium: 470mg | Sugar: 5g