- 1 (5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore in Oil, lightly drained
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons mayo
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 English muffins, split, or 4 slices of white bread
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 4-8 slices yellow American cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- In bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, onion, and mayonnaise with a fork until well blended.
- Season with pepper to taste and set aside.
- Toast the muffin halves or bread until golden.
- Lightly butter, if desired.
- Divide the tuna mixture among the 4 toasts, spreading evenly to cover.
- Top each sandwich with cheese and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.