- 2 medium zucchini or summer squash, halved and cored
- olive oil, for coating
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 (3.75 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Sardines
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce, plus extra for serving
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Halve and core the zucchini or summer squash.
- Lay the zucchini/squash on the prepared baking sheet pan. Brush the zucchini/squash (cut half and sides) with oil. If needed, cut a flat edge on the base of the zucchinis so they sit flat.
- Mix together the cooked quinoa, tomato sauce, basil, garlic powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sardines, including the oil from the can, into the quinoa mixture. Gently break apart sardines into large chunks.
- Stuff the center of the zucchinis/squash with the mixture. Top with Parmesan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Serve with additional sauce, basil and Parmesan if desired.