- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice (or about 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. button or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3-1/2 cup all-purpose flour (depending on how thick you prefer your soup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped dill or parsley
- Optional serving: crackers, toasted bread, green onions
- Cook wild rice to package instructions and set aside.
- Heat pot on medium high heat. Melt butter, then add onions, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, and celery; cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth and oregano, and bring soup to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer soup for about 3 minutes on low heat.
- Whisk flour into the milk, then add milk mixture into the warm soup. Whisk soup to break up any remaining flour lumps. Increase heat and allow soup to come to a low boil and thicken.
- Add cooked wild rice and salmon. Season with salt and pepper to your personal taste.
- Simmer soup for a few minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with chopped dill or parsley and your choice of toppings or sides.