- 1 (5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless, drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped into 1” pieces
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock + more if needed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss chopped asparagus with olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread asparagus out in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 Tablespoons butter. When hot add rice and garlic to the pan. Stir and toast the rice, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in wine and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the wine is absorbed. Add half of the chicken stock, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Add remaining chicken stock and simmer, stirring once, until rice is tender and creamy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, asparagus, salmon, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.