- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1-2 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 crook-neck yellow squash, sliced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups low sodium and low-fat chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- shredded Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until tender. Add squashes and sauté two minutes longer.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, beans, chicken broth, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tuna and pasta. Cook until heated through.
- Top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.