Avocado Tuna Salad
This Avocado Tuna Salad is loaded with chunks of tuna, avocado and colorful veggies for a Mexican spin on a classic dish. It's the perfect light lunch or dinner that's packed with protein and nutrition.
Original recipe courtesy of Dinner at the Zoo.
- 2 pouches Chicken of the Sea Premium White Albacore Tuna
- 1 small avocado seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup corn kernels fresh, or thawed from frozen
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno remove ribs and seeds for less spice!
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Place the tuna, avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeno and corn in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the tuna mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.