- 1 (12 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained and flaked
- 1 (6 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Crabmeat, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Tiny Shrimp, drained
- 1 (6.5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Chopped Clams, drained
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup hot salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 (6 1/2-inch) flour tortillas, heated
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Sour cream, salsa, guacamole or your favorite condiments
- In large bowl, mix together all seafood and filling ingredients until well blended.
- Evenly divide filling among tortillas.
- Tightly roll-up tortillas burrito-style, being careful to tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, heat one-inch of oil.
- Place tortilla rolls, seam-side down, in pan and fry each side about 3 minutes or until crisp golden brown.
- Drain chimichangas on paper towels.
- Serve immediately on a bed of shredded lettuce along with sour cream, salsa and guacamole OR your favorite toppings.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try this dish as a chimichanga salad! Fill a fried tortilla bowl with shredded lettuce and top with seafood and filling mixture.
Serving Size 1; Calories 259; Calories from Fat 72; Saturated Fat 1; Carbohydrates 31; Fiber 1; Sugars 1.5; Protein 16; Cholesterol 55; Sodium 712; Vitamin A 1%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 2%; Iron 12%;