- 2 (6 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Lump Crab, drained
- butter, for greasing
- 7 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chopped tarragon or dill
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 5 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease four (6 ounce) ramekins with butter; place on a baking sheet pan and set aside.
- Place crab, egg yolks, milk, salt, pepper, cayenne, tarragon, cream cheese, and Asiago cheese in a medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Place crab mixture into egg whites and fold together gently with a rubber spatula until just barely combined. Spoon into ramekins about 3/4 full.
- Bake ramekins for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top and poufy in the center.
- Top with extra cheese and fresh chopped herbs if desired and serve immediately.